
If you know me, you know I love sunflowers. I was so happy this spring when my Dad gave me the gift of giant sunflower seeds. I was thrilled. So, I went about caring for them, babying them and tending them. I planted them everywhere. Off the front porch, in my gardens, along the fence. And, because I wanted to see them when I arrived home I also planted them on the front corners of our driveway.
This flower has endured. Unfortunately my love did not protect all of my flowers. In fact, several met ill fates. Tyler mowed one day with reckless abandon, managing to manicure the lawn beautifully and wipe out a whole row of babies in one swoop. Another incident included a power-hungry young man with a weed whipper. The list goes on, with a wake of non-existent flowers.
The bright side of the story? Today's photo represents a lovely flower that is just starting to bloom, complete with a buddy dragon fly. It is a survivor and reminds my of my Dad constantly.
p.s. I know this post is ridiculous and makes me sound like a crazy old woman gardener. Know what? I doooonnnnn't care! *\O/*
Thursday, September 04, 2008
You are my sunshine.
Posted by HMT at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment