Tuesday, September 09, 2008

She's a rockstar.


I'm talking Auntie Mae, inherited (gladly) from Matt's side of the gang. She is 95 1/2 years old and still a rockstar every day, all day. Saucy, sassy and best dressed all describe her to a tee. She has been a part of our family since Matt and I met- and part of his family for so much longer.



Mae is a huge fan of MN sports, specifically the Vikings and Twins. As in - DON'T FREAKING CALL OR TALK WHEN THEY'RE ON. Seriously. She's a woman with standards and nothing will stand in the way of her and her men. She knows all their stats (I pray I have the wherewithall she does at 60, much less 95) and how many kids, where they lived, if they were recently divorced. You name it, she's on it.



So, we hooked her up. Thanks to a great friend, we secured killer seats at at Twins game, a goodie bag to make any sports fan green with envy, her name on the billboard and amazingly, that was just the beginning. The best part? Brad Radke signed a photo of her and a game ball. Some chicks have all the luck. :-) So, today- cheers to Maisy!

1 comments:

Dee Dehn said...

Heidi,

You are the Greatest! Thanks for arranging this unforgettable day! Auntie Mae loves you and so do I ;)
D