Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lunchtime dangers.


School's back in. That means uber petri-dish, kids sliming each other and (inevitably) good old fashioned sickness. So I wasn't completely surprised to recieve a call from the school nurse on Friday afternoon confirming Jackson had a temperature. Running about 101, he needed to come home. However, by the time I got to school it had returned to about 99. Hmm.. the nurse was perplexed but I decided to bring him home just in case- really thinking about other kids getting sick, etc.

So I notice he's suddely feeling 'much better' in the car on the way home. We arrive home and he's bopping around the house, happy as a clam and I'm thinking this is highly suspicious. As we dig into conversation I start to unravel the mystery.... Jackson was (in fact) not really sick in a traditional sense.

It turns out there was an 'eating contest' at lunch, whereby he packed in 6 garlic breadsticks, 13 carrots and a carton of milk. It's no wonder the kid's body was running a temp- it was REJECTING the full-fledged food assault!

1 comments:

The Queen of Krinkeland said...

Yeah, but did he win the contest?