Monday, September 01, 2008

So we say goodbye, to the summer.

We kissed summer goodbye today with yet another water celebration. This time, the Red Wing waterpark. Packed with kids, families and interestingly- a lot of tattoos.

Naturally, this is time to reminisce on the days we jam-packed with activities to soak up the sun, summer and all it has to offer. I think this summer brought about change. Change in our kids. For Jackson, courage. Tyler, confidence. I wouldn't trade these days for anything and look forward to those yet to come. I say that yet take full exception: any day but tomorrow at 7 AM when I need to roll these amazing beings out of bed to be functional in their respective learning institutions.

It's strange to officially wind down the season we spend months and months waiting for, especially in Minnesota. The sun sets now too fast and the air is beginning to become slightly brisk in the mornings. From here on out, Carpe Diem! I think the best is yet to come as fall knocks at the door.

0 comments: