Sunday, October 09, 2011

School Photos

We've all been throught he schtick of school photos. Line up, hope there isn't anyone licking their fingers and pressing hair down of all the hopeless children who were scheduled after recess for the most important mug shot of the year. And, the dreaded basket (or bucket) of black combs. You know the kind - stiff, thin bristled and perfect for leaving nice, traceable lines throughout the hair. My Mom used to WARN us - stay away from the combs. Don't let them comb your hair.. until one year she got me after recess. I think she changed her mind.

School photos are usually a mixed bag these days. The packet for ordering is akin to a personality test - colors, poses, backgrounds, tchotchkies. Need a bookmark, pin or plaque? No. We want a good shot commemorating the year, which is plenty. I take a LOT of photos anyhow... so it only makes sense we use the ones I can control, right?

Speaking of control, take a look below. I have none. Jackson chose a shirt that he loved for picture day and left the house (and car at the curb of school) wearing just the shirt with jeans. A nice, respectable outfit. Imagine our surprise when we opened the packet to see that Jackson had smuggled a (NON MATCHING!) accessory to school. The teachers told a funny story - assuming we knew. He found his favorite male teacher and asked for help knotting the tie properly.

I could freak out about the funny photo but I actually love it. This is Jackson at his finest - adding his own flair to the photo on his own terms. I think this school picture turns out to be my favorite.

0 comments: