Saturday, October 22, 2011

Reflections

These past two weeks have been nothing short of heart wrenching.

It all started with this. Tonight, please pray for the families. They need the love and good thoughts more than anything. One boy is no longer here and the other is just out of a coma with a body that is unbelievably broken.

There are no words to describe the sorrow, anger, frustration and questioning that goes on when a life is taken so soon. A life unfinished. Only the comfort that God has a plan and we have a purpose - and when our purpose is up, we go Home to Him. It's something we, as adults, have come to comrehend and understand.

Kids experiencing first-time loss of someone so close, are another thing. Both boys and their families have an extremely personal connection to our home. Tyler played hockey with Braedon the weekend before he was taken. I have discovered that if I can manage to keep it together there is absolutely no way I can do so when I see my grown boy cry. It breaks my heart again and again.

This has reminded our family more than ever that time is precious. Life is short. We are not in the driver's seat. When it is our time, will we be ready to say "I did the best I could most days - forgive the few I was off my rocker."

This is also a call for a reminder of resolution. Hug your children. Don't go to bed angry. Don't leave the house without clear communication. Don't sweat the small stuff. Be patient. Take a lot of photos and video. Most of all, be present at all times and engage. Don't take moments for granted. Make sure those around you know how very loved they are.

0 comments: