Saturday, December 05, 2009

Signs romance may be fading... but not dead.

Each December my company throws an awesome get-together for spouses and the gang. With this comes a small pang of (WOOOT!) from me... 'cause if you know me, you know I love sparkly and pretty things. These are, admittedly, things I can't necessarily pull out through the year and LORD KNOWS in a houseful of men I'm often more sweatshirts and jeans than swank and swagger.

So I get out shopping and find a killer shirt with some swingy black pants and (how handy!) I have a silver wrap in the closet. I'm thinking 'this girl's gonna look great to-night!' Finally I'm dressed. I spent extra time on my hair (it rocked), found the perfect nail polish (totally rocked) and I've got my black sequined shirt (100% tasteful black sequins, I might add) and swingy pants on. And? OMG! I have sparkly shoes in the closet, too.

Fast forward: I head downstairs. Jackson's eyes bug out and he says 'Have fun getting married tonight! You look pretty! Then comes Matt's homerun: "Wow, you look like a fishing lure... all sparkly and stuff."

Fading romance? Maybe. But he won it back when he held my hand during the party and whispered I was pretty... and I know he meant it. One hall pass for a Mr. Matt Tuneberg, coming right up!

0 comments: