Topic: Fly Fishing
Opportunity: Professional-run seminar on fly fishing, upcoming on the St. Croix
Discussion:
- "Hey, there's a really cool fishing guy holding a class"
- "Yeah? On what?"
- "Fly fishing, it's supposed to be really cool."
LONG, QUIET PAUSE.
- "I'm not up for that, it seems like it'd be dangerous."
... Me... thinking. You can hear the hampsters running....- "It's pretty straightforward... what seems dangerous?"
- "Do you like open the door and throw your line down when you're traveling at high speed?
- ... Me, light bulb going on
- "No. There are no planes involved."
- New response: "I'd love to!"
Note to self: be clear, especially when talking new topics. And by the way - you wouldn't find me fishing out of a plane at any point in my life, either!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
I should be more clear.
Posted by HMT at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment