Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer what?

Hey. Somethings really wrong here. I woke up and it's summer, for real.

The weather isn't terribly cooperative so far but my marker has much less to do with the weather than the kids. They're out of school and somehow they've completed a sophomore and third grade year collectively.

So what does one do when out of school? Sleep and play, of course. Tyler's whiling away his mornings in deep slumber and Jackson's looking a lot like a wind-up toy that never runs out of energy. So, pray for the faint of heart and those who need sleep (mostly Matt and I)... no doubt it'll be great.

In parting tonight, I'll give you a snapshot of how I woke up this morning (from the energizer bunny kid who who was wide awake at 6 AM):

J: "Hey, are you awake?"
Me: "No."
J: "Did you know if Pokemon ruled the world humans would be obsolete? They're clearly the weaker species."
Me: "Do I get to sleep if I'm the weaker species?"
J: "My point exactly. Pokemon are so much better!"

0 comments: