I woke up today and summer is slipping away. The days are slightly shorter, the air is crisp in the evenings. The wind that comes up bears the smell of autumn in the morning. But it seems like it's too soon. It seems like we were just awarded green grass and permission to enjoy prized warm summer evenings.
Other key indicators that change is in the air:
- My birthday week is complete. It was awesome and my boys and family went above and beyond expectation... thank you all!!
- Tyler's birthday is next. And, since he's completed Driver's Ed, that only means a permit is in the making. Sweet Moses....
- It's back to school shopping time. Enough said. It's worse than Christmas shopping to me.
- Nobody's clothes fit. I swear the children grow like vegetables- much faster with sun and water.
- Everyone needs a hair cut. Again, my vegetable theory holds.
- Bikes look smaller... and I know I didn't put THEM through the dryer.
- The hockey clinics schedule is out, indicating tryouts are around the corner again
- We have two school schedules and 'meet the teacher' nights on the calendar
- Last, but not least, the State Fair is in town as of Thursday.
So, my ode to summer is simple: I refuse to let you go. We'll will play more and put off what can wait until tomorrow. And, speaking of playing, check out a few photos from the tubing extravaganza on the river last week (compliments of Auntie Dee!). In short, pretty wicked or 'sick', as Tyler would say. And, for the record 'sick' means good; but seriously, don't even ask....
.




Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Um, yeah. It's the end of August?
Posted by HMT at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment